Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Super Improvers Wall...Sort Of

I am just going to post quickly tonight so here is a picture of my "Super Improvers Wall" which is part of the WBT classroom management program. Basically, you reward students for IMPROVING in any area (behavior or academic) that you feel is important. Check out the website for more complete info.

The cards are posted beneath my theme/job board (but I haven't gotten the jobs posted yet) which is based on a jungle theme. The levels are on the nearby wall.
I named my levels "K-Can-Do" after Tai Kwon Do and arranged the color levels to match. My two youngest are in Tai Kwon Do and I have an ever-growing collection of colored belts from the levels they have tested out of. I decided that when a student reaches a new level, I will take a picture of him or her wearing the new color belt and striking a martial arts pose. I think that will make a nice portfolio at the end of the year. I named the color levels after jungle/safari animals.
I made two additional levels (red-stripe an black belt) for those who are super achievers too.

I'm really proud of how it turned out and I am hoping that I will do a good job of sticking to the program this year.

Thanks for reading. Let's keep focusing on helping kids to learn their way!
Mrs.A

No comments:

Post a Comment